11:51 PM

(Belated) New Year's

Wow. This year sure has passed by quickly! Sometimes it's just so amazing how fast time flies! And so much has happened, that I'm going to skip all that reflecting on the past part and just jump right into the resolutions for the future.


So, without further ado, here follow my New Year's Resolutions:


Talk. I have found that I don't tend to be too talkitive, even around really close friends. It's not that it's a bad thing, I just think that I need to learn how to talk a little bit more.


Make memories. Well, considering that in about 30-some hours I'll be on a plane headed for London to begin my semester in England, I figure I should aim to make as many memories as possible--with plenty of photos to along with those memories, of course!


Build relationships. It's always good to have friends! And special someone's are great as well!


Be faithful. I of course will continue my "journey in faith," and I will hopefully strengthen it. This next semester I will be on the leadership team for the Christian Fellowship at Harlaxton, so naturally I am aspiring to grow in faith.


Complete a few to-do items: learn to ride a bike, learn to drive, learn to sew, etc.


I think five is a good number to start with.


Anyway, my New Year's resolutions weren't really my reason for posting. My real reason is this:


With the New Year comes a new path on my journey through life, and this one's leading me to England. That's right, for the next four months I will be studying at Harlaxton College in Grantham, England. For any of you who don't know where that is, Grantham is east of Nottingham and south of Lincoln in Lincolnshire. It's a small town and Harlaxton College is actually located within the walls of Harlaxton Manor.


The photograph to the right is the Manor. So, that is where I will be living and studying for the next four months.


Anyway, I leave tomorrow morning, which is very exciting. And although I will miss all of my friends here in the States, I know I will return home having had a wonderful time.


And don't worry, I'll post here, too.

0 comments: